A DISH timer is your instruction telling the receiver the applications you wish to view sooner or later. For many ERD (Exterior Recording System) or VCR, you choose a particular program on a particular channel, and inform the receiver how typically you wish to document that program. Remember to arrange the receiver to regulate your VCR.
There are 4 varieties
- VCR information an occasion on a beforehand inserted tape for later viewing. Ensure you have your VCR linked and turned on. Additionally, make sure to arrange the receiver to inform the VCR to begin/cease recording.
- Auto Tune mechanically adjustments the channel for stay viewing of the occasion.
- Reminder creates an on-screen reminder when the occasion is about to air.
- Ext mechanically adjustments the channel for stay viewing of the occasion and sends instructions to a appropriate exterior system, such because the Pocket DISH, which is linked to your receiver’s RCA-type or S-Video outputs. This selection will not be out there except you allow the characteristic. This lets you document to the exterior system, as a substitute of recording to the receiver’s exhausting drive.
Deciding how typically you wish to watch a program will enable you make your best option:
- As soon as information a program as soon as (good for motion pictures, sporting occasions or different one-time applications.)
- Weekly information a program as soon as every week, at the moment, on that channel.
- Day by day information a program as soon as a day, at the moment, on that channel
- Mon-Fri information a program as soon as a day, Monday via Friday, on the chosen time, on that channel.
When a Timer Begins
For 2 minutes earlier than a it begins a recording, the receiver might show a digital countdown (timer reminder) on the TV display. This countdown seems when this system begins. Whereas the countdown is displayed, you are able to do one of many following choices:
- Press CANCEL to clear the image from the TV display. This doesn’t cease the timer from beginning
- Press INFO or SELECT to see extra data. In case you do that, you have got the next decisions:
- Choose OK to proceed with the timer.
- Choose Cease Timer to cease the alarm timer.
Notice: Urgent the INFO on the timer reminder solely works one time. Subsequently urgent INFO ends in the present program’s data being displayed.
- For Locked Packages you have to enter the receiver password earlier than you may create an computerized timer. You possibly can create a handbook timer for a locked program with out an computerized timer. You possibly can create a handbook timer for a locked program with out coming into the password. Nonetheless, in the event you do that when the timer operates, the receiver might show solely an error or password entry menu.
- For Pay Per View Packages you have to order a Pay Per View program while you create a timer for it.
- For Blacked Out Packages in the event you set a timer for a program that’s blacked out in your space, when the timer operates the receiver might solely show an error.